8.28.2012

Just pausing to reflect for a moment.


Someone once told me to be sure and celebrate my victories, triumphs and even little accomplishments. I pop open a bottle of Champagne each time a carton of new books arrives. I get a chocolate croissant the morning after I wrap a nice job. I buy a new pair of goggles every time I hit a big goal in my swimming. I have to think of a new way to celebrate today. The Visual Science Lab blog just hit the 8,000,000th pageview today. How fun. Seems like we're honing in on the million a month club. Not bad for the mad ramblings of a neurotic photographer in a small town.  I think I'll celebrate by inviting over one of my favorite subjects and shooting a few rolls of 120mm Tri-X. Yes. That sounds about right. Thanks for keeping me company.

Kirk









14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buying yourself a pair of googles is a nice celebration! You must be swimming in the same pool as uncle Scrooge :-)

Patrick Dodds said...

Congrats. I'm glad on an almost daily basis to have discovered your blog. Thanks for all the reading, the thought provoking, and the pictures.

cidereye said...

Personal rewards are essential, no need for guilt necessary.

However, as Anon points out "Googles" I'm not so sure about. :-)

Keith I. said...

Thank you for taking the time to share your ramblings with us.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Thanks for catching that. I can't believe I wrote "Googles" instead of "Goggles." Chalk it up to the internet age. Corrected now.

Ron Preedy said...

Quote: "Thanks for keeping me company" . Believe me, it's a (great) pleasure.

Bold Photography said...

I agree - the pleasure is ours...

CadenceMichael said...

Thanks for giving us something worth following.

hbernstein said...

And may you rack up another 8 million. Thanks Kirk.

Wolfgang Lonien said...

Congrats Kirk! Wow the million a month club is really something... enough reason to celebrate, you're right!

Brad Burnham said...

Tri X and some portraits sounds like a good celebration.

ChazL said...

^ ^ ^ What they all said.^ ^ ^

Congratulations, Kirk, and thanks for making this such a worthwhile place to visit.

Anonymous said...

Great! I like very much your writing which has a good mix of culture, experience, visual suggestions and technical issues. As a passionate amateur it's great to read all of this.
robert

Tom said...

Congratulations Kirk! And thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge with us. I learned a lot from you since I'm reading your blog.

Regarding your favorite subjects. If you could freely choose, whom would you like to portrait with your Hasselblad?

Thanks,
Tom