6.02.2013

A fun image from my event photography in December 2012. President Bill Clinton and Linkin Park's, Mike Shinoda.


©2012 Kirk Tuck. 

Sometimes I write blogs complaining about the pitfalls and setbacks of life as a photographer but most of the time it's just straight out fun. Back in December I got to shoot images of Mike Shinoda playing with a new, touch screen Dell computer and making original music in front of 5,000 people and then later shaking hands with President Bill Clinton. It was like a weird meeting of cross-generational stars. I got to meet both of them and the things they have in common are an uncanny charisma and the ability to see a bigger picture that most people do (myself included).

I used a Sony a77 to make the image, lit it with an Elinchrom Ranger RX AS electronic flash, and left it alone with only minimal processing..

Nervous at the time of the shoot but happy with the memory of the event.






















3 comments:

Joe Reed said...

Just to let you know, I am now a convert to the "small camera" mentality. I have been reading your blog for over a year and you really started me thinking that I needed to consider cameras other than Canon/Nikon DSLRs. The main issue for me was the weight and bilk of the systems - just too much to deal with at my age. I tried both the NEX 7 and the OMD EM5 but was put off by my big hands and very small camera bodies. So, after Fuji made dramatic updates to the X-Pro 1 I took the leap again (my wife just rolls her eyes). I loved the prints that I was able to make from the jpeg files but, I soon realized that while the optical finder was not for me, the EVF was outstanding. In the end I returned the X-Pro 1 and bought an X-E1 which fits me perfectly and allows me to produce very pleasing prints. Thanks for the time you take to write a very interesting blog. You do have a positive impact on your readers.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Joe, Thank you for letting me know. I'm happy that my writing worked for someone. Best, Kirk

David I said...

Nice photo! I had to google Shinoda but what a thrill to get to photograph President Clinton!